General human waste facts: http://waigo.108km.com/?p=5205
- Globally, 4.2 billions tons of human waste are generated daily;
- Currently first world environments are coping with remediation, however the application of suitable remediation technologies in second and third world environments are slow, inefficient and mostly inadequate to meet growing demand pressures;
- Untreated waste sewage still finds its way into the environment with disastrous contamination results to ground water, rivers and waterways;
- Traces of sewage waste will find there way into our food streams and this will escalate as these systems fail under the increasing pressure;
- Nature can no longer cope on its own!